Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My latest obsession!




Pineterest may be the best and worst thing to ever enter my life. It is not that I spend hours browsing it, I don't just a few minutes a day. The problem is it has opened up all these new ways for me to make things, be creative etc and keep them organized. I saw a TV center on there made from regular things in the house and painted to match. I thought I could do that if I had the furniture. About 2 weeks later a friend that is moving was getting rid of all the exact items I needed. After 3 weeks of measuring, cutting,sanding, painting, & nailing I am finally done (with this room anyway). I took 3 bookshelves plus the 2 we already had and a computer desk. Sanded them all down. Cut one book shelve up into pieces to give a cubed look to the other two shelves. I did this because all the shelves are the cheep pressed wood and I HATE how they sag in the middle especially with my scrapbooks. This was for sure a learning process and they did not turn out perfect by any means. I am happy with the overall outcome and they will certainly get us through until the magical day when I own all my own power tools and can purchase real wood to build what I want from scratch. Thank you to all the people who loaned me tools to help out. In a separate project based on something else I saw on Pinterest the same friend had some picture frames so I took one and made myself a bow hanger.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it. It looks amazing and so organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok first of all, I LOVE this!! It looks like you spent a fortune at Pottery Barn!

    Second, you are really making me wish my youngest was in kindergarten ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Jo!! I also love pinterest. I mainly use it for food but still, I have a DIY table refinish in my future.

    ReplyDelete