Saturday, December 3, 2011

Angry Birds.


One of my goals is to enjoy time with my kids instead of always being bugged with them and frustrated with housework etc. Today on a whim we decided to make Angry Birds from a pattern we saw on Pinterest. Pinterest is amazing by the way and with the exception of making me hungry has given me many ideas and ways to save money. If you need and invite to pinterest let me know. So far today we have made 4 red ones, 6 blue ones, and, 3 yellow ones. They are all sewn but a few need to be stuffed. My back started to hurt and I realized we had been sewing for 6 hours so I decided we needed a break. We came into the living room and went through a box of stuff to figure out what would be best to stuff them with. Low and behold we found green fleece so now we need to make the pigs as well. If I had anything else planned for the next few days it is gone. Oh well. We have  had a blast making them and the beauty of the kids being older is that they actually help not just want to help and it turns out to be more work for you in the long run. Dylan traced and cut out all the fabric for me while I sewed. I can only imagine how long it would take without his help. He even did quite a bit of hand sewing on the beeks and final closing. Here is the final project for the first 4.  These were all made with leftover fabric and felt that I had. I think I might have a hoarding problem. I am sure that my husband and roommate will be happy that I am starting to realize that. That doesn't mean it will change but acceptance is the first step to healing. 




This one is the craziest. Did I mention the eyes are the hardest part.

This one looks like a child of Big Bird and Bert.


4 comments:

  1. Tee hee! They look fantastic! It makes me so happy to hear you spent the day making these with your family! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids NEED these for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about selling them for $10. If you are interested let me know.

    ReplyDelete