Wednesday, February 20, 2013

????

Here is an update about the Drama in our so called life.
Eric has been traveling for about 50% of the month of February and leaves again tomorrow to go to England for 5 days. The England trip is purely work related and has nothing to do with the job search. The rest of his traveling however does. Eric had 2 fly back interviews. One to the School which shall not be named and one to NEH the National Endowment for Humanities. He was really excited about the NEH job. He really wanted it. The interview for the school that shall not be named told Eric we should have heard by Last Friday. Ok, even taking into account the holiday weekend they are really taking their time in getting back to us. What they tend to do is call choice number one and then if that person accepts they call choice number 2 &3 and tell them "We are sorry, you were all very worthy candidates but we have chosen to go another way" Some schools and I mean very few go ahead and let the 3 candidates know where they stand up front. This is a much kinder way than the waiting game. Since we were told we should know last Friday and have not heard anything we are assuming Eric is not the first choice but they don't want to tell him that until choice number one is fully committed. I am calling them the school that shall not be named simply in case they do call with positive news and or their search committee does online searches of the candidates family and I don't want to get caught openly bad mouthing them.
We got Devastating news from NEH today. Sorry Kaity we won't be neighbors.
I am not really angry with either of these places.
I am mostly Angry at myself for daring to hope. We both really thought this was it. This was the year. We were going to have a plan, a place to go, a place for our children to feel settled. I am especially Angry that I have basically been a single mother for 2 months now while my poor husband prepared for these interviews. Now we are back to the unknown. Frankly I am sick and tired of the unknown. We simply don't know what else to do. Eric feels like he has exhausted all of his opportunities  I simply am not qualified to do much. If you know Oprah or Ellen or someone like that and they want the photos of their life scrapbooked than maybe I could earn some decent money. I know we will figure something out. The fact that our apartments are ending the moderate income housing program we belong to is making this so much worse. Even if we wanted to stay our rent would go up $800 per month.

Ok so here is my rant. I am sorry to be such a bummer.
Please, I have said this before, Please do not tell me this is
1. for our own good.
2. something better will come along,
3. this is the plan for us,
4. things will work out.
5. Good, we didn't want you to move.
I know these are all said in love. After 5 years I am (insert descriptive word of your choice) sick and tired of of hearing them. Instead just say "Life Sucks and then you Die" I have said that since high school and it applied during puberty and it apply s now. That does not mean I don't appreciate all that I do have.

2 comments:

  1. POOP.

    That is all I feel like saying, and you never told me I couldn't say poop.

    Poop, poop, poop.

    Love you Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Jo. This is really sucky news. Katie's description just about sums it up. Still praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete