Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Start of School!

This is the first year that I was sad for school to start. This summer went by way to quickly. Working full time has changed summer for us in a drastic way. The fact the our complex pool was closed until a couple of weeks ago made free summer fun harder. We did have a few fun family days but it did fly by and I feel like we didn't do enough. Mostly I was dreading having to get up to an alarm the days after I have to close at work. Because of a last minute change at work I was able to take Dylan and Elliot to school this morning. I missed seeing Chandler since he has to leave so early.

  On the way home from dropping them off at school I had a sudden realization. I was going home to an empty house. I have not had more than one day since last school year where I had more than 3 hours alone. Since I am closing today I had 4 1/2 hours alone this morning. It has been glorious so far. I ate popcorn, watched chick flicks, did some laundry and took a short nap. Did I mention I worked late last night. I then had horrible dreams all night. I kept dreaming about Dylan when he was little and all of the health problems he went through. How I use to picture how he would grow up with his terrible asthma, out of shape, constantly sick, suffering from prolonged steroid use. The light of the day however has made me extremely grateful for my 6ft tall son who is healthy happy and joining the cross country team. 10 years ago I never thought we would be here. I realize now that my health struggles lead me to finding solutions for myself which in turn lead me to helping my children have a healthy drug free childhood. This is amazing to me.

Happy start of school to everyone. Thank you for all of you who help drive my kids and take them after school on days that I work. It takes a Village and I am grateful for my tribe.




No comments:

Post a Comment