Saturday, September 8, 2012

An Update

Since my last post many things have changed. We moved, Chandler started High School, Dylan started 7th grade Elliot started 2nd grade. I was without a computer for a full month so I am very behind on my updates.  I have very much enjoyed our new apartment. We settled in here rather quickly. I was very surprised at how fast things went together. I have had a bit of fun since moving in and much of it had to do with my jars. With my Cricut and some contact paper I made cute labels. I customized one of my shelvs to hold the jars better. At the thrift store I found a spinney rack to hold more jars that I love and the $3 price tag made me happy as well which was a good thing since I got in a car accident in the parking lot of that thrift store. I also found a wine holder for free at the swap shop to hold even more jars. These few shelves holding my jars has freed up a lot of cabinet space and made the jars much more functional.
Free rack from Swap Shop


$3 shelf from thrift store.

Shelve that I customized by adding some additional shelves to it and covering with contact paper.


Plenty of storage space above my cub bards for my food storage jars.



A close up of my personalized lids.

I have a lot of posts to do so keep a look out.

3 comments:

  1. Clever! Those look really good. Man, it sounds like you have been crazy busy lately. I'm so glad things are going well though. Lets catch up soon!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Very creative and organized (and thrifty too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. **LOVE** those labels! Too bad I've never put anything in a jar in my life. I'll never catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete