Sunday, February 15, 2015

Days!

In my life I have had a few unique days that stand out in my memory.  They are unique because nothing special happened on these days. They were just ordinary but I felt very calm, at peace, and just generally happy. I can't describe the complete feeling I had. I don't have the vocabulary to do it justice. I don't mean to say that my normal days are chaotic stress balls of depression although that does happen occasionally. They were just days but for some reason stand out in my memory,
The first one I recall was from being very young and camping at the beach.
The second was when I was 16. It was a Saturday we were having a yard sale. The weather was perfect. The yard sale meant all of the neighborhood kids were out together. I loved the sun, jumping on the trampoline, swimming and just in general enjoying life. The ironic part of that day is that I found out later that night that my Papa had died and my Nana, Aunt and Uncle were all in the hospital from a terrible car accident they were all in. In spite of that, my memory of day is always peaceful.

The 3rd was just after I graduated High School. I had no idea what I was going to do with my life and didn't really know how to figure it out. One morning it was hot and gorgeous outside. I swam all morning and then took a nap with my window open and a slight breeze cooling me off. I remember my skin had that heat of  just starting a sun burn. That was a restful nap, I woke up happy, Went swimming some more hung out with a friend and that was all.

I had another one of these days yesterday. It happened to be Valentines day but that didn't have anything to do with it. Eric and I had both forgotten it was coming and when we did remember we told each other not to worry about it. I woke up talked to my mom and went to work at Michaels for a few hours to train my replacement. When I came home I just hung out with Eric, Chandler and Elliot for a while. Then we ran errands with Eric, Elliot, and Dylan. Chandler had friends come over and we had a bbq and went swimming with some friends. I had felt that same feeling all day that I had had in those other unique days.

What makes them stand out in my mind so much? Nothing extraordinary happened but they were just pleasant. Why don't I feel that way about more days. I don't feel like my normal days are bad. Do other people feel this way about their normal days? No matter what or why I remember these this way I am grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment