Friday, December 28, 2012

16th Anniversary

Chandler was 1 day old.

Ok so we got married young. No shock there. The day we had been married 6 months we found out we were expecting. Surprise! Life has been full of surprises ever since. (I don't have a wedding photo digitally yet but the one below was taken on our second anniversary at the San Diego Temple where we were married. 



4th year of Marriage
Our Anniversary is 3 days after Christmas. When we got married everyone said "oh are you sure you want to get married that close to Christmas." What they should have been saying is "oh since Eric is going to go into English in a few years do you think it wise to get married the same week as MLA. The Modern Language Convention where he will miss the bulk of your anniversary's. Even if he has not left yet he will be so occupied with preparing for interviews that you won't see each other anyway"

In Fairness to Eric he always tries to  make up for it somehow. For our tenth anniversary we went on a fabulous cruise. We spent more time together on that cruise than most of our marriage. It is amazing how much fun we can be without kids hanging on us all the time. Don't get me wrong I love our kids but we needed the break.


This is our most recent family picture and is about 18 months old.

Summer of 1996 the year we were married.

Did you know my husband and his entire family are obsessed with Diet Coke. Yes I know how bad it is for you but try to stop them and there may be bloodshed. We have pictures of them with soda at every major event in their lives. Weddings, births of babys, Baptisms, blessings you name it.



Last summer

Is it just me or has he gotten cuter over the years. Yes in the background of this picture is all relatives on the Nebeker side.

I would like to say 16 years of marriage has been all candy and roses. But that is not the truth nor should it be. A strong marriage must go through trials to be able to test it's limits and know that you will stand by each other not matter what. We got married young. We grew up together. We have both changed immensely. We have both accepted each others changes and tried to love them even if we don't agree with them. In 3 years I will have been married as long as I lived before getting married. People ask me all the time if I regret getting married young. The answer is no. There are many things I missed out on. But there are many things I enjoyed. My Children will be grown while I am still young enough to enjoy their Daughters that they will give me. I often wonder if we had been more set in our ways if we would have been flexible enough to handle the challenges that were put in our path. So today we celebrate 16 Years of Chaos that has been totally worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the emphasis on DAUGHTERS... really cool blog and congrats on your journey together!

    ReplyDelete