Monday, February 7, 2011

Falling Behind!

So I know I have completely fallen behind in my posts. It is not for a lack of Gratitude but really having so much to do that there just hasn't been time. I am going to do a list of things I am grateful for that happened over the last week. Pictures will probably come later.
1. I am grateful for friends who threw me an awesome surprise party. Glee Karaoke all night long does a night get any better than that.
2. I am grateful for Chipotle, I love this place because they don't use gluten in there spices and if you get yours vegetarian they load it up with guacamole. I went there 3 times last week. This is unusual for me to go out this much but I was using my birthday as an excuse. Hey you only turn 34 once (unless you are my mom. I think she is still 34, oh wait she is not that old yet I think she is still 29.)
3. I am grateful for freedom. It has given me hope watching the people in Egypt stand up for themselves. It has helped me appreciate what I have and renewed my faith in the world that people will fight for what they believe in.
4. I am grateful for a husband who is still persevering and providing for our family even though life has not dealt him the cards he has been working so hard for.
5. I am grateful for the sunshine. I desperately needed it today and it showed up just to warm my soul.

In case you didn't know I am trying to do 5-7 gratitude posts per week. This has been a hard year(s) for my husband and I with the job market being so tough. We are slowly figuring things out but it is taking it's emotional toll on us. I learned a few years back that when I focus on the positive things in my life that I have a better perception of what my life is really like. Instead of being weighed down by all the don't haves, I am reminded off all that we do have. I am grateful for our blessings and am always thinking about those that don't have as much as we do and one day I hope I will in time or money be able to help some of the many people in the world that need so much.

2 comments: