Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chocolate!

So you  may or may not know (seriously if you have ever met me you know but since this is open to the public online you may just be reading this and have no idea who I am) but I love Chocolate! Love is not the correct term maybe in some romantic language they have a word that accurately describes the relationship I have with chocolate. I am grateful for companies like Trader Joes who have fair trade practices and put real ingredients into their products. Last year I read a book that changed my life. That is no exaggeration I am sure I will post more about the book soon. But my biggest fear in reading the book and changing my eating lifestyle as a result was that I was going to be told or discover that I can't eat chocolate. I had nightmares about this. I don't even really like desert unless chocolate is involved. Much to my relief Dr. Hyman who wrote the amazing book Ultramatabolism points out how real dark chocolate is actually good for you in appropriate quantities. To make things even better after finding out what foods I needed to eliminate chocolate was not one of them. I am Grateful today to be able to eat real chocolate. I was not a huge fan of dark chocolate before but after removing so much of the yucky food from my diet I quickly began to love dark chocolate. The bar pictured above is one of my favorites. It is also gluten free which is a plus.

1 comment: