Friday, January 21, 2011

I am SOOOO gratful for Basil!


This is my magic oil of the day!
So today I was going to post something totally different but after last night is is clear that I am completely and totally grateful for the essential oil Basil. So to give you way to much personal medical information, I suffer from ovarian cysts. They come almost every month. They make my abdomen swell and look 8 months pregnant. Not to mention the terrible pain that makes it impossible to do anything. Bending, lifting, moving even sitting hurts. The doctors have 2 solutions One is to take hormonal birth control. I have tried 5 versions of this and have had horrible reactions. (the reason my cysts are so bad is because I have to many hormones so adding more really isn't good for my body) Two to give me pain killers, we are talking strong ones. Guess what I have bad reactions to these as well. Oh yeah there is a third option surgery. But that would mean surgery almost once a month. Not really an option. Last year I expanded my love of essential oils and have been using them for many medical problems that taking medicine is not an option for me. About 6 months ago I had one of the worst cysts I had ever had and out of desperation I go to my oil book "Modern Essentials". This book tells you what oils to use to treat all that ails you. I looked up Ovarian cysts. It tells me to rub Basil on my abdomen. Within about 30 second the excruciating pain I was in was suddenly relieved. It does not take the cyst away but it takes the pain away. I was able to sleep for about 4 hours and then woke up with some more pain and reapplied the oil and was once again relieved. Today I am grateful for the option to be relieved of this pain when needed. Last night I had another large cyst and instead of being in pain and having to go bed I was able to rub Basil on and enjoy the evening with my husband.
This is my box of my magic oils that I love so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for oils!! I'm so glad the Basil works so fast for you. My sister suffers from ovarian cysts as well so I'll have to tell her to use basil the next time she gets one. :)

    ReplyDelete