Friday, January 28, 2011

Domestic Goddess!

Chandler


Dylan
Elliot
Today I am feeling a little sentimental. I was able to attend a Field Trip with my kids school. As I sat there in a room with 700 enthusiastic children it came to me. I am so glad I am a stay at home mom. I know I may not always show it but I am glad I get to go on Field Trips, Camping trips, art exhibits etc. I am glad I am the one to take care of my children when they stay home sick. I am grateful that a work schedule was not a concern when my child was in the hospital. I am glad I get to do things on my schedule and not have to fit things in around each other. (I am in no way implying that myself or any other stay at homes moms are not busy beyond belief) I have no idea how I could be a mother and work. For those of you who do I admire you. Especially the ones who do it because they have to. I know how hard that is. I have always had a job of some sort but I have also always been able to stay home with my kids. I am grateful for all the family's I have babysat for that let me combine there children s lives in with my own. I am thankful for the night shift jobs that let me work when my babies were sleeping. I am thankful for Creative Memories that has allowed me to work as much or as little as I could handle. While my children have no idea how rare it is that they do have a stay at home mom or Domestic Goddess I am grateful that they get to have me. I hope one day people will stop saying "you don't have a job?" "All you do is stay home?" Yes all I do is stay at home and try to raise my children the best way I know how.  If you can find a more important job than that I would love to see it! The Angel pictures were all taken their first Christmas. Some people think these are strange pictures especially for boys but they have always been my favorite!

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Being a sahm is the most important job ever. :0) Challenging, but awesome. I feel so grateful that I get to be with my children full-time, watching them grow and learn, doing projects, going on adventures, etc. I'm afraid that I'll have to go back to work if Alex doesn't get a job soon. I'll miss being with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same position as you. Maybe that is why it is hitting me so hard. The job market has been hard and things are not looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Jo. What a blessing it is.

    ReplyDelete