Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hanging Upside Down!

Inversion Table!
Today I am grateful for being able to hang upside down. Ok I know what you are thinking and there is absolutely nothing kinky about this post. A year or so ago I got a pinched nerve in my neck and could not separate my ear and my shoulder. It lasted about 5 days and was a completely miserable experience. I have been in multiple car accidents in my life. Two of those happened 6 months apart and the first one alone left me with 8 slipped discs in my back. I am telling you this to explain that back and neck pain is not a new thing to me. Anyway I have the wonderful friend Gennefer who is fantastic at massages. She and all her compassion came and worked on me for free to help me be able to function again. She realized that I needed to hang upside down on an inversion table. This would help my neck release. I could not find one I could use for free or anyone in the area I knew that had one. I almost drove to San Diego to use my sister in laws. On a long shot I drove to Kmart. They had 3 types all were around $150.00 this price was completly out of my range but I was so desperate I thought I would be willing to give up food for a few weeks if my neck could stop hurting. I went ahead and bought it. At the check out stand it rang up to $50.00 I almost started crying right there. I could not believe it. I brought it home. Set it up and hung upside down. When I was upside down I had no pain. when I got up I had some pain but not as bad as before. After 3 days of this my neck was back to normal. I periodically have this return but as long as I keep my routine of yoga a couple of times a week and hang upside down a few times a week I can keep the bad pain away. If you ever want to come hang upside down you are welcome to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment