Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gratitude!

I have been thinking about this for a few weeks. I want to do a gratitude Blog. I am not the most eloquent and I feel like I often sound silly, so doing a blog has been hard for me. I read all these well written, funny, inspirational blogs that my friends do and I just feel inadequate. That being said I have wanted to do a gratitude scrapbook for a long time. I think if I do a gratitude blog and turn it into a scrapbook when I am done that will be the simplest way for me to go right now. I am going to be posting things that I am grateful for. I am sure my husband and kids will get posts dedicated to them but that is an automatic and I am trying to think outside the box for this one. It has been a difficult couple of years for us financially and emotionally and I know that when I remind myself to be grateful for the things in my life physically and spiritually that I deal with the daily stresses much better. Here goes my goal is to do 5-7 posts a week (there will be obvious exceptions during vacations and mental breakdowns). Here is my first gratitude post.

The Fabulous dehydrator!
Some of the dried fruit that I made!

 Thanks to a very generous gift card from a dear friend at Christmas I was able to order a long awaited dehydrator. I have loved it so much. I have made Fruit roll ups for the kids, Dried fruit for me. Spinach powder for a friend. This is just the beginning of a long and happy relationship with my dehydrator. My kids are looking forward to Jerky. The reason I am choosing this for my first post is I have been spending a lot of money of dried fruit to keep in my mixed nuts that I really heavily on since my food options are so limited. I am very excited to have the ability to make healthy snacks for my children and myself that have no added preservatives and that I know won't cause any adverse reactions. If you have any dehydrator suggestions or recipes I would love to have them.

4 comments:

  1. I even love your food dehydrator!! And I love that you have a blog now :) AND I love that the background to your blog is....PURPLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lovely lady, it's not enough that you are super mom, but that you find time to do this blog as well. *huge smile* i'm glad that your dehydrator is working so well for you. i love the picture of the mixed nuts w/ fruit. have lots of fun making healthy snacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dried fruit for me...

    I heart your dehydrator as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I'm grateful that you're going to start blogging more!

    And I want me that dehydrator.

    ReplyDelete